Scholarship Application Guideline
These awards have been presented annually by the 6th Ward Athletic Club, in some cases, going back to the early 1970’s. The values of their annual awards have steadily risen over time thanks to the generosity of the Club, its members and associated friends of the Club. A three member committee of scholars developed the Club’s scholarship criteria and evaluate student applications each year.
Click here for an Application
- Scholarships are open and available to any student attending high school in Oneonta or Unatego and/or other nearby high schools at the discretion of the Foundation.
- The selection committee will be composed of a minimum of three (3) individuals appointed by the Foundation Board.
- Up to four scholarships of $500.00 each may be awarded each year. If less than four scholarships are awarded in any given year, the un-awarded scholarship money may be carried to be awarded in following years.
- The scoring system for determination of awards is as follows:
SCHOLASTIC —- 10 points
LEADERSHIP AND CITIZENSHIP —- 10 points
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES —- 10 points
ESSAY —- 10 points
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION —- 10 points
- Scholastic achievement is to be determined by high school average at the end of the first semester of the applicants’ senior year.
- Scholarship money will be awarded after the student has produced a transcript showing successful completion of one semester of college with a grade point average of 2.5 or better. Scholarship monies must be paid to the educational institution in the scholarship winner’s name within one year of the award date.
- Scholarship applications will be available at the 6th Ward Athletic Association, 22 West Broadway, Oneonta, NY, on the club website and at applicable high school guidanceoffices.
- Completed applications must be submitted by April 30 of each scholarship year. The scholarship year is defined as June 1 – May 31. Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered by the Foundation.
RETURN COMPLETED APPICATIONS TO:
6th Ward Athletic Association Foundation, Inc., 22 West Broadway, Oneonta, NY 13820
Decisions will be made by June 1. Recipients and guidance office will be notified as soon as possible after this date.
2017 Academic Scholarship Awards
Mia Obergefell (OHS)
Samantha Stanley (OHS)
Jordan Giasford (OHS)
Erica Thomas (OHS)
Athletes of the Year
Nick Sparaco (Riverside)
Dollars for Scholars